Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows Media Player 10 Synch Problem

• Please log in to reply

jarosser

jarosser

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have the Archos AV500 and have been trying to transfer video files in both .mpg and .avi format using Windows Media Player 10 to my device. When WMP10 doesn't convert the files at all, then they won't play at all on the AV500. But when WMP10 does convert the files, so that they are playable on the AV500, the audio and video do not synch up. I've tried tweaking all the different parameters in WMP10 to see if that would help, but so far nothing has helped. The video files play fine through WMP10 on my computer, and the AV500 has no problem with audio/video synch on files that are directly recorded to the device using the TV docking pod that comes with it. It seems like this may be some sort of WMP10 conversion error. Can anyone help? Thanks. :whistling:

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
1: I converted a video file to AVI and it plays fine on my computer, but when I play it on the AV500, there is no sound. What did I do wrong?

The audio track of your AVI has been encoded with a codec other than MP3, WMA or WAV. It plays on your computer because you have codec installed and your computer is able to decode the sound track.

The AV500 only supports one of the three previous audio codecs . Using any other audio format, will result in a file that will have no sound when played on the Jukebox. To correct this, choose LAMEmp3 as the audio codec when you're converting the file in Virtual Dub.

2:I copied a video file from my PC, but the picture and the sound are not synchronized. What to do?
You must encode the video file using an appropriated software, like MPEG4 Translator that comes with your product.

You can also use a third party software. Some are available at the following address: http://www.mpegmobile.com/