Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Video Please help!

• Please log in to reply

McLarenf1

McLarenf1

• Pip
  • 2 posts
The Problem:

This problem started when I wanted to upgrade my Asus P5VDC-MX motherboard to an Asus P5RD2-VM to gain a pci express port for gaming reasons. I was running an Asus P5VDC-MX with a 3ghz p4 630and 512 od ddr memory. I purchased to new asus board (p5rd2-vm) a sapphire 1600xt, and a 512mb 667mhz ddr2 gigaram chip. I installed the parts and it booted fine, no post errors, or bios errors. Windows started detecting all the new devices and installing the drivers from the motherboard cd provided. I believe it was on the audio driver at the time but, the pc lost video. I waited for about 10 minutes to see if was just installing the video driver but it never came back.

My Attemps at fixing it:

I cut the power and waited about a minute. I plugged it back in and still no video and now the power cuts off by itself after about 5 seconds. I unplugged and removed all optical drives, moved the video to the onboard and removed the memory. I then got the memory post beeps, still no video. I installed the memory again and the post beeps are gone again and still no video. I tried moving the processor and the old motherboard back into the system to get up and running again. I had the exact same problem, no video and it cuts off after about 5 seconds. I then RMA'd the motherboard. With the new board same problem. I then bought a new power supply, same thing. Finally I RMA'd the processor. Installed it and now it doesn't cut off after 5 seconds but still no video. I also returned the new power supply and returned to old one figuring if they both did the same thing the old one wasn't bad. I'm all out of idea's, I hope someone can please help me.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

RichP

RichP

• PipPipPip
  • 280 posts
I know this is probably really obvious, but have you tried a different monitor, or yours on another machine?

McLarenf1

McLarenf1

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I don't have another monitor to try it on but, the monitor works for an even older machine I have.