Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Windows XP Error

• Please log in to reply

shortdude

shortdude

• Pip
  • 4 posts
I recently removed memory from my computer. The problem is when I start up my computer windows xp shows an error. It says "error loading operating system". I rebooted and all I get is a blank screen that says "Rv351 P/N 113-AO3522-103 BIOS". I have a ATI Radeon 9550 AGP Graphics Card AMD Athlon XP 1000+. I don't know much about computers please help! email me at e-mail address removed, i need my computer up and running asap

Never post your e-mail in an open forum...you may get more correspondence than you were expecting. wannabe1

Edited by wannabe1, 13 July 2006 - 02:36 PM.

Advertisements

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Hi shortdude...

"recently removed memory from my computer"...Can you elaborate on this, please?

wannabe1

shortdude

shortdude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
I had one pair of memory plugged in my computer, i lent one to someone, now i am using one, after a while the computer started showing weird errors, at first it was working fine, but then windows xp started freezing, i tried to reboot, nothing happened, i resetted the cmos, it worked fine for about an hour, but eventually froze up again, then later on it showed "error loading operating system", when i rebooted it showed a bios message: "Rv351 P/N 113-AO3522-103 BIOS" i did some research and found out that "RV351" has soemething to do with ati radeon graphic cards..

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
When you cleared the CMOS, you set the BIOS to default settings. Open Device Manager (right click "My Computer", click on the "Hardware" tab, and then on the "Device Manager" button). Are there any yellow ? or ! displayed next to any devices?

How much memory are you now running on the machine?

Edited by wannabe1, 13 July 2006 - 03:12 PM.

shortdude

shortdude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
256, i removed 128

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Did you look in the Device Manager?

wannabe1

wannabe1

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 16,645 posts
Sorry...you can't start the machine, can you.

Try booting into Safe Mode: To do this, start the machine and tap the F8 key during boot up. At the Safe Mode options screen, select Safe Mode from the options listed and press "Enter". Does the machine start?

shortdude

shortdude

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
sorry, i had to leave for a while, ill try that ill get back asap