Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Network help, FritzBox Sl Modem, Router

• Please log in to reply

StaticRed

StaticRed

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi i just got dsl, with aol, i now live in germany, any how the modem aol sent me was the FritzBox SL as itt says i can use it as a dsl modem and use it to connect another computer up to it using LAN, there was a lan cable included, i am getting online ok using it as a modem but when i try and use the lan i cant go online on both computers, does an one know how to set it up, one thing tho, when i plug the lan cable in to the modem/router, and the other end in to the back of my pc, i can log on to aol,

but if i try to connect to aol on the first computer it connects ,, but then disconnets the computer loged on by the lan cable, i am using to different sign on names, but i can only get on using one computer, can any one help,

first computer is a laptop, its connected to the modem using usb, then the pc is connected using the lan cable,

please help as i a very lost

Edited by StaticRed, 13 July 2006 - 02:43 PM.

Advertisements

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi guys im sorry about this, u can close this or delete it, its up to u, but i was doing a bit of reading and testing and i got it working, hehe, my first time ever using lan, and when i said i did a bit of reading it was from this forum, tis really a great forum for help, tis the best around, sorry for me tis, im irish lol,

thanks again

Edited by StaticRed, 13 July 2006 - 03:37 PM.