Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime library Assertion failed

• Please log in to reply

kg2140

kg2140

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Whenever I go int my computer and then click the C:\ it opens up but seconds later I get an error.

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library.

Assertion Failed

Program: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE

File:../external/boost_1_31_0\boost/share_ptr.hpp
Line:254

Expression: px != 0

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(press Retrey to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Abort Retry Ignore.

I have windows xp Media center edition XP2. Its a sony vaio. I've tried uninstalling previous programs that may have caused the problem but nothing works thus far.

Uninstalled all toolbar add ons. I've put my computer in safe mode and ran Norton Antivirus, Ewido, and Windows Defender. I also ran hijack this and still nothing. I thought by updating Internet explorer it might fix the issue but still no luck. I have IE 7 beta right now. Please help me solve this problem.

Please help.

Advertisements