Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Software Update services User rights

• Please log in to reply

unclebyron

unclebyron

• Pip
  • 9 posts
I am using trying to setup Microsoft SUS. Yes, I know about WSUS but we don't want .net right now. Anyway,we have single domain and use the domain global policies for the domain computers. I setup an Organizational Unit that will hold only those computers we want to update. It has its own global policy which is identical to the domain policy except that Automatic Updates is turned on. The problem is that an ordinary domain user cannot install scheduled updates. Only an administrator can do so when he logs in. What rights are missing from domain users? The Everyone group has Read rights to the c:\Sus directory and below on the Update server. Microsoft says that ordinary users can install updates if they are scheduled updates.

Advertisements