Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Israel...

• Please log in to reply

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
irael is no longer the problem. Hezbolla has just noted to the USA that they are ready at any time to launch attacks on the USA soil should get involved and to attack israel with ever more power. The first ground combat was foughten today in southern Lebanon. It seems to only go from bad to worse.....

Can't believe that Canada is evacuting only 2000 people a day when its estimated that 50 000 want to leave (canadian citizens), and then they say it'll only take 14 days to get everyone out. Does someone not know how to do basic math in our gouverment?
James

Edit: now 1800 people are waiting at the port over night because the ships are late :whistling:

Edited by james_8970, 19 July 2006 - 02:26 PM.

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Im sure they will be evacuated by the RN ships once they are done of the 22000 brits only 5000 or so are actually leaving and given canada is a commonwealth nation im sure they will start evacuating them once they have all the brits out. Although 2000 isnt bad its at least half a days hard slog to akitori from lebanon the problem is they are using warships which arent very spacious for extra personell and troop carriers arent the ships that you generally have on patrol so they have to more than likely come all the way from canada, you can only do so much with what you have 2000 a day is pretty good.

The kind of ships they are using are destroyers from what ive seen of the foriegn shipping there and they are lucky to carry 300 people at a time and you cant fly them out with israel bombimg the airports and the only carrier is the Illustrious and because we use harriers its only a light carrier you cant get planes big enough to evacuate people off and on it. (cant wait till we get the super carriers they will be wirth some bragging rights).

I have to say i kinda agree with Hezbollah the US have kinda stepped out of line the whole international community is pressuring israel to stop and they go and say we will give you a week before we join the band wagon, totally out of order. The stuff coming out of israel is ridiculous the PM or deputy PM there basically came on the news and said we think we can talk to Labanon and Palistine but first we are just going to sluaghter the people we dont like, some idea of democracy.

fleamailman

fleamailman

Member 2k

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,383 posts
One smallish point, one notes that the governments are quick to condem Hezbolla terroists for what the are and yet one clearly sees those same said governmments not making any attempt to withdraw their people from Isreal but only from Lebanon, this for me is a clear word/action gap on the part of the governments then.

Edited by fleamailman, 20 July 2006 - 03:40 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah but israel isnt in half as much danger most of the country is fairly safe and the roads are still open, people are evacuated from lebanon because there is a clear and present danger of those people losing their lives, not much of a problem for foreign nationals in israel, mind you i wouldnt want to stay because israel are pushing the boundaries of what they are going to be let to do, today they attacked a christian controlled area where its mostly ex pat population, they destroyed a building and two drilling trucks. They are getting perilosuly close to the ships evacuating foreign nationals and between the countries there is alot of firepower that they could rain down on themselves.

The navy has really kicked up operations the carriers from the RN arrived and are shipping out over a 1000 people a trip now the UK evacuation should be finished soon at that rate and they are starting to evacuate commonwealth nationals.

Invisible Man

Invisible Man

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

They arent really terrorists, what is your defintion of a terrorist they are military fighting force with presence in the lebanon government, while not fully sanctioned by the governemnt they arent a terrorist force. One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighters, George washington in every respect of the word was as muc a terrorist as Hezbolahs leaders but you wont see a history book call him one, the french Maquis were terrorists but we call them freedom fighters.

Be careful with the word terrorist you shouldnt tar everyone with such a very large brush

Sorry but I have to disagree with ur definition of terrorist. If u think the Hezbolahs group are not a terrorist group oh boy!!! "warriorscot'" :whistling:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
They are technically a militia, the only difference between what they are doing and what israel to do them is just scale.

They are by any means of the word fighting a war terrorists dont fight wars they terrorise they plant bombs and assinsate they dont have soldiers they dont have battle lines like Hezbollah do, they are a militia certainly you can call the terrorists but you can apply the same branding to israel as they are also breaking international law to attack them.

sarahw

sarahw

Malware Staff

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,781 posts
Warriorscot is actually somewhat correct.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hezbollah

Some news agencies don't refer it as a terrorist organisation. Some do. You have to look at where interests lie.

Hezbollah is not known for directly attacking civilians but military targets. It's easy to brand anyone who disagrees with you in force a "terrorist".

Edited by sarahw, 22 July 2006 - 10:45 AM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Hezbollah is not known for directly attacking civilians but military targets. It's easy to brand anyone who disagrees with you in force a "terrorist".

agreed, but at the same time to terrorise a nation like they do i'd still lable them as a terrorist. I know they may be leaders for some but even asama bin lada is a leader and hero for a large amount of people in the middle east. But he's still a terrorist. Or is anyone a real terrorist? Hezbollah in my words is and isn't a terrorist. They are funded though the iranians directly to cause harm and any damamge possible to isreal, wether its a military target of civilian, they just don't care. It's true that they don't really target civilians but this battle is caused in large part due to them.

But back on topic. I can hardly believe that Lebanon has suffered 2 billion dollars in damages to date. Not to mention Israel is preparing for an invasion......30 kilometres into southern lebanon. And saying look, don't mess with us. I think they are about to make themselves a target due to this invasion and cause other country's involved. I hope that i'm wrong but they are taking this war to the next step..........This could get very bad in the comming days. I hope everyone gets evacuated in time before the worst........
James

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
UK and commonwealth evacuations are pretty much complete according to the news here the RN has 6 ships and can move like 4000 people at a time now i think they are sticking around to get people who couldnt make it out for the main evacuations and people that change there mind.

The situation is complicated there both sides are as guilty as the other in fact in many ways israel could be considered worse because they are supposed to know better, but wars have been thought for less justification than people in lebanon and palestine have some of it is even genuine greavances.

The damage israel is causing is massive and they are attacking mostly civilian targets and have caused massive amounts of damage to a country with one of the most western friendly goverments in that area, its a farce, i wouldnt say they are terrorising Israelis anymore than isrealis terrorise them, most governments have trained terrorist agents working for them as ive said its a word that in my opinion is used to often and incorrectly.

Today our government actually stopped just short of accusing the Israelis of being terrorists, they are really pushing the limits of international support which is the only reason the country exists in the first place if they dont back of the only ally they will have left is the US and they cant afford to back them forever against international wishes, if it was anywhere but Israel its quite possible NATO would have sent in peace keepers.

Alot of people i suppose do idolise Osama, but also to many muslims in fac the majority he is a traitor to their faith as he says he knows the will of god and crap like that.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
:whistling: The canadian gouverment is so desperate now to get people out and to make a good impression that our prime minister made a detour from the G8 conference and is now going back and forth with people on his plane (can you tell we are in the middle of a minority gouverment). Finaly our gouverment got 2 more ships, both with a combined capacity of 1,700 people that can be fit on board.

Germany is also a strong contender for supporting israel for what its doing. I indead think that they over stepped but at the same time enough is enough. A nation can only take enough abuse till it explodes. Funny how they are using a canadian tatic in thier war. They are running in to destroy as much as they can and then just as quickly as the entered to the going to run out. However i do not see the point for this invasion, the point for it is to remove thier access to bomb northeren israel....fair enough. But they are now believed to have missiles to reach furthur distances. CNN is reporting that they can reach the USA, but in my view the gouverment is probably feeding false information to them to rally up support for the war or someting of the type. Doesn't seem to me that they would have the capabilities of reach such distances, not even with Iran's technologies......
James

Advertisements

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
You know really the israelis dont have much right to be so agressive the isreal nation itslef was essentially stolen by jewish extremist groups(bet you never thought you would hear that) they have genuine greavances against israel and israel ignores them or imprisons them im not for islamic extremism but thats not the case with violence in that region its a genuine greavance over stolen land.

Its partly the fault of the western governments when israel ceased control of the area we did nothing just let it happen, there should have been NATO peacekeepers there for the last 40 years.

I doubt the missile claims the longest range missile they have can reach all of israel but they dont have alot of those and even them having them is conjecture.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

the isreal nation itslef was essentially stolen by jewish extremist groups

Very true point.

We can't really point fingers at anyone else but the the israel gouverment and Hezbollah. They had more power then anyone to end things in a peaceful manner. At the same time there was no reason to kidnapp the soldiers. No one is really at fault but these two groups. There where other ways to solving this other then war. Whats two lives, compared to hundereds if not thousands.

I'm with you there i can't see them reaching all of isael, if they can why wouldn't they have done so already.

No country really has any rights to be doing what they are doing, if only all wars would cease......something that the world will never see. :whistling:
James

Edited by james_8970, 23 July 2006 - 10:40 AM.

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Yeah, either that or people should stop half assed wars, if you start something you go for the throat and finish it as quickly as possible with minimum civilian losses none of the crap they are doing now.

The israelis "arrest" alot of people which is the way alot of the "kindappings" start.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts

Yeah, either that or people should stop half assed wars, if you start something you go for the throat and finish it as quickly as possible with minimum civilian losses none of the crap they are doing now.

:blink: ya. Don't want to get to deep into this as i know religion shouldn't be discussed but I hate religious wars are they're fought stupid amounst the stupid. I went to a mosque recently and me being a christain couldn't see huge differences between the muslim and chistain religion, or even catholique, aside from the pope.
But really, people are brain washed beond belief over there and don't know what they are fighting for any more. If its religion they should look up the big ol' book, the bible. They soon realize that they are fighting for the same issues more or less. But i should end this here before i go to far........ :whistling:
James :help:

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Its the very reason im not religous, although the best religions are the ones with no books as books are open to interpretation.

Almost all wars come down to religion, really bugs me, if you are more pwoerful than the the othre country and you take what you want, thats understandable its been done throughout history its nature but religous wars i never get.

The whole conflict is one of the most religous wars there can be its on par with the crusades, its just senseless violence over a strip of desert that only has importance because some religous nut hundreds of years ago said it was holy.