Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

What are INF Files, how do I get them...?

• Please log in to reply

Dar772

Dar772

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, to whom it may concern, I have just purchased a new Dell Latitude laptop off of ebay. I've had it no longer than 3 weeks, so, I'm still learning it. This one particular problem I have just ran into was something that kind of surprised me.

I have a Lexmark P3150 printer/scanner/... I can't find the software download disk that goes with it, so, I went online to the Lexmark site to attempt to download the software that away. It goes through all of the steps, but when it gets to the UNZIP part, I get a Message Box that says (exactly)

"Severe
There are no valid INF files
for this operating system
Unable to continue installation"

I went online and looked up INF files and even attempted to download "INF File Arcana" free download, but this could'nt finish downloading either. Can someone please tell me what is going on here? What exactly are INF files? Where do they come from? How Can I get them, where I will be able to hook my printer up to my laptop?

Advertisements

peterm

peterm

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 3,387 posts
I downloaded from here
Lexmark for ME
File ran fine try this link