Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

7900GTX vs. X1900XTX

• Please log in to reply

erndawg101

erndawg101

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
Everything I read says the X1900XTX blows away the 7800GTX, but I can't find any comparisons/benchmarks comparing it to the 7900GTX. Which do you prefer?

Fanboys are welcome to give their views here.

I've got the $500 to spend on it, so who gets it, ATI or nVidia?

Advertisements

tozmanian

tozmanian

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hey erndog101,
Everybody has an opinion and mine is go with the ATI. I have had great luck with Radeon products and minimal good luck with Nvidia. In fact, I'm currently running an ATI agp X1300 pro because the Nvidia 6800OC that I bought never worked properly. Good Luck.
Toz

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Technically the X1900XTX is the faster card and is a bit better tech wise, however there should be a new version with DDR4 memory soon enough and with DX10 just after that i probably wouldnt fork out to much cash for the best gfx cards right now, i would maybe go at best a standard 1900XT or 7900GT save a bit of cash bleeding edge is nice but you dont really need it and you want to keep some money back for the new stuff coming out as itll be alot better. Maybe even go cheaper with maybe a 7600GT or x1800xt or GTO both fast and more than adequate for most.