Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

D DRIVE NOT INSTALLED?

• Please log in to reply

TooShort4

TooShort4

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello. I just reformatted my computer. I deleted all the partitions and made a new one and reinstalled my windows xp home edition. I am trying to reinstall my internet, so i put in my linksys software disk for my wireless adapter(im on my dads pc) and nothing came up. Even when i did D:\setup.exe. It says nothing was inserted in the D Drive. What do I do? Also, I even tried other disks like games and the same thing happend, so i think my d drive is not installed.

Advertisements

WindyPants

WindyPants

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
So I am assuming that when you open "MY COMPUTER" you do not see any reference to an external CD or DVD drive?

Goto Device Manager and see if the device is listed and if the device has a conflict or other general issue. If it is a general driver issue, just re-install the correct drivers.

If you don't see the device in Device Manager, restart and go into BIOS setup. The device should appear as a physical device. If it does not, either the device has failed or loose connection/jumper problem.

TooShort4

TooShort4

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
In deivce manager it says it is working properly. How do I reinstall the driver?