Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Copying DVDs

• Please log in to reply

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
On the burn options, it doesn't say anything about being able to add files later

If you explore the disc again, what size is VTS_01_05

Advertisements

revenge100

revenge100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
Hi there the VTS_01_05 file is 166 686KB which is slightly smaller than teh others - i have tried to copy this file but have had no joy at all

revenge100

revenge100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts

It appears the files video_rm.bup are backup files to the dvd rw disc,you do not need them to copy disc.
Rather than direct copy try creating a .iso from the dvd (save copy to file)or
In roxio try capturing the video content again (from vts file) and re creating a new dvd in dvd builder

Hi there i tried adding the files together on DVD builder but again i had a difficulty with the final file.

Again i am not very knowledgeable so do not know how to create a .iso from the DVD? :whistling:

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Can you copy them individually

revenge100

revenge100

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 80 posts
I can move all the video files onto the DVD Buider accept the last one which just freezes (and at the moment isnt even showing on DVD builder) - i also lose the sound due to it being the format AC3?

This was recorded in Mexico with a digital video recorder however it should have been saved as european format (I do not know if this helps)

Edited by revenge100, 18 July 2006 - 03:23 PM.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

This was recorded in Mexico with a digital video recorder however it should have been saved as european format

I thought this might be the case dvd recorders vary in the format they use so it is important to know what format the recording was made in:
AC3 is standard format for stereo recording.
The no sound on video files is a concern and may indicate a problem with disc.

You could try to use a small program like dvdshrink( freeware) to extract the usable video/audio files files,but I am not sure it will work.

Make sure the DVD disc is perfectly clean,no finger prints or scratches.

Various dvd recorder formats (Just for info)

VR mode recording can only be used on DVD-RW discs, and offer between 1 and 6 hours of recording.The recordings can be edited, but are not playable on regular DVD players.

DVD formats,DVD-ROM for computer data,DVD-Video for prerecorded movies,and DVD-RAM,to provide the ability to access a DVD more like a hard disk. However, the DVD-RAM format is significantly different and therefore cannot be played in other DVD drives unless they include special support for it.

Video mode recording offers up to 2 hours of recording time and is playable on regular DVD players (after finalizing), but has limited recording and editing features.

Edited by HaraldR, 19 July 2006 - 07:13 AM.