Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows xp

• Please log in to reply

olsonke98

olsonke98

• Pip
  • 1 posts
ok here I go with this mad house of a problem.
Last week I decided to clean up my computer so I deleted some cookies off my computer and then I restored back to a certain point where I knew their was nothing much on it. After restoring it, the screen turned black and nothing happened. I thought it might have froze up so I shut off the power and tried to reboot the system but by doing so I told me that windows did not open safely to use one of these options: safe mode, safe mode w/ networ, safe mode w/command prompt, last good load w/ windows, and open normally all of which take me to the black screen of help. I changed my bios so I could reboot my computer from the cd-rom, so I installed my windows xp installation disk and ran that and I picked the R for repair but by doing so It asked for my administrators password which of course is lost either in my mind or in my nonable computer so I chose to install windows again but when it got to the repair place again, it acted like it repaired it but nothing happens just the black screen of help.
Is their anyone who can help?

Advertisements