Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Micro Update makes Office unuseable

• Please log in to reply

Czar13

Czar13

• Pip
  • 1 posts
On 7/13/2006 I recieved an update from Mircosoft in the early morning. Ever since then, ALL my office 2003 and Frontpage 2003 applications do not open and show an error message of "The operating system is not presently configured to run this application." The tech fellow at microsoft was of no help after 3 hours on the phone with him. Obviously something was deleted by this update from my XP system to run any office program. I have since tried deleting the update (did not work), deleting and reinstalling all office and front page programs (did not work), and even my system restore but that will not complete either. Can anyone help me?

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Just a few questions for some extra info:
- How did you try to remove the update and what message did you get when that didn't work?
- Is your Office fully updated or only XP?
- do you have legit versions of XP and Office?
- Did you try an office repair or did you only uninstalled it completly and installed it again?