Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Yahoo Messenger Script Error

• Please log in to reply

xfedupx

xfedupx

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hey all! I started having problems with my yahoo messenger. Anytime I click on a contact, I get this script error popping up http://img.photobuck...px/untitled.jpg

I've uninstalled and reinstalled yahoo 8, 7.5, and 7 and they all give me the same problems. I've searched the web and sawa lot of other people have the same problem and all the advice given hasn't worked for me. Any help would be awesome!

thanks!

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
You can try installing Cleanup! and run it to clean up all of your temp files.

Next I suggest we look for the file path in the registry. Go to start, then run. type in regedit. once regedit opens click on "my computer". then go to the menu edit, then select find. type in the path. Let it search.

Alternatively we can use this to clean the registry:

Download and install Tune Up 2006 Trial

Run Tune Up Disc Clean Up

Run Tune Up Registry Clean Up

Click Optimize and Improve to run Reg Defrag, which will take a few minutes and need a reboot. You should disable the antivirus programme to run this and check it is running after the reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to optimize the computer, select computer with an internet connection from the drop down menu, this also requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to accelerate downloads, select the speed just above your actual connection speed, this requires a reboot

After the reboot, click optimize then system optimizer to run system advisor[/color]

Once this is complete please post back with your results.

xfedupx

xfedupx

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello! I deleted all my temp files and still no luck. Then I deleted the specific file it showed, tried again and then instead of TEMP2, it became TEMP3 and a new file was made.

Here's what system advisor said:

Display

Lowering the color depth can improve the performance of the computer
The display of a background image requires additional resources
The activation of visual styles can have a negative effect on the performance of the system

System

Upgrading the processor can accelerate newer programs and games
The automatic startup of programs influences the performance of the computer
Too much memory is allocated to the Internet Explorer cache

Security

Administrative shares are enabled and present a security risk
No anti spam software is installed on your computer