Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please help me! Error message "RUNDLL"

• Please log in to reply

Ariel_7

Ariel_7

• Pip
  • 7 posts
:whistling: Please can some one help me....I'm having error messages When I boot certain programs, and turn on or off my PC. I tried to go to system restore, thinking maybe i downloaded something bad, it would almost do it the pc would reboot, and then this error message popped up saying " error loading C:\PROGRA~1\UNINST~1.DLL the specified module could not be found". This is the error that keeps happening and it says RUNDLL at the top of the box. Can someone please help me.
:blink:

Advertisements

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Go to
Start > Run
Type msconfig <enter>
In the window there is a tab startup, click that and see if you can find the
RUNDLL32.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\UNINST~1.DLL

If so, remove the flag before it and click OK
Reboot the PC and inform us if you get the error again

Thanks

Ariel_7

Ariel_7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I did what you told me to do but I can't find "RUNDLL32.EXE C:\PROGRA~1\UNINST~1.DLL " anywhere on the start up tab.... also my programs are acting wonky, and one's that work are really chugging, my spy sweeper won't even open......??????? :whistling:

Ariel_7

Ariel_7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Same message occuring, and also this one"Error loadingC:ProgramFiles\MSN\MSNSharedFiles\MAILMAPI.DLL"
I went to check Run-then start up, a whole bunch of crap that should not be running was running, so I removed the flags, and rebooted it but the same things are still running.... I don't understand
things running are: semanticInsight, iTouch, SbWeatherOnTray, SbOEAddOn, MediaGateway, ICQLite. They keep starting up, meanwhile I don't even have ICQ on my computer.........Please help!

Caracas

Caracas

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
Looks like your PC is infected with lots of malware.
Follow the links on this forum (top of page) to remove them

You can also check out this:
http://www.liutiliti...brary/rundll32/
Perhaps you can try that free system scan or the WinTasks program. I haven't tried it myself so I don't know if it's any good

Ariel_7

Ariel_7

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
I think I may be fine now I just got Registry mechanic and it found like 400 problems and fixed them, so I think my pC may be clean now. Thank's for the help :whistling:

Edited by Ariel_7, 15 July 2006 - 10:54 AM.