Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Things stuck in audio jack

• Please log in to reply

pale-folklore

pale-folklore

• Pip
  • 3 posts
thanks for the reply. i just wanted to be sure that the problem was that the jacks weren't wired

i'd like to ask another question regarding the jack that is jammed. about a year ago a cheap cord extension thing i got (to size a cord a certain way so that it would fit) broke off while still in my main headphone jack. i have tried picking it out in various ways but only small pieces have come out and the main piece blocking it is jammed far in. is there a way to remove this without having to take the computer in for repair? thanks again

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
have you tried getting a stick (maybe a toothpick) small enough to fit into the hole...and dabing some superglue on the end of the stick..then sticking the stick into the whole so that the part thats stuck becomes stuck to the stick thereby making it unstuck by the use of your newly sticky stick? (that's alot of sticks)

Edited by dsenette, 14 July 2006 - 02:07 PM.

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
If you have a very tiny drillbit (smaller than the diameter of the broken jack) and a small wireless handdrill (WOW, you guessed, I am from Holland :whistling: ) maybe you can drill it out part way and jam a toothpick into it and try to pull it out?

Good luck.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
The safest way is to remove the motherboard then remove the casing(if possible) or de-solder the speaker/headphone jack from the motherboard.The jack is probably about 20-50c at radio shack

the Jack has switch contacts
Warning,if you place a metal drill or similar you will do more damage than good, permanently.