Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

MMORPGs and Rural Life possilbe to make it work?

• Please log in to reply

Justinian

Justinian

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello this is my first post. I am posting in search of an internet solution for playing World of Warcraft. I have been on dial up playing it and it works ok in situations where not so many people are around. It is impossible to get it working in high end content. I considered satellite, it batches things weird so i don't know how well it would do. It was recommended to me to try wireless internet through a cellular service. Does anyone out there have this going with Wow? If so, does it work well in high end content? What should my steps be to getting this going for myself in my home? I cannot get cable/dsl where I live so my options are minimal. Please help this distraught gamer :whistling:

Justin Stiles.

Advertisements

austin_o

austin_o

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 2,089 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. Satellite service uses a phone line for the upstream request channel, and a satellite receiver as the return path. The request path is limited to 64K by the phone system. Will it work well for you? I don't know but I suspect it would be better than dial up with <64K both ways. Just be aware that satellite bandwidth is expensive. You can get more information on broadband, and even search for a service in your area at http://www.dslreports.com/.