Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

No Sound HELP

• Please log in to reply

StaticRed

StaticRed

• PipPip
  • 92 posts
Hi this is a continue from another post, i got my pc up and running, with my new mother board, the
ASUS P4V8X-X

i got all the drivers from the asus for my board, in device manger there are no yellow question marks or ticks, everything is installed but i still have no sound
i can play a music file it plays away but no sound when speakers r connected tot he back of the pc, what can this be i have all the right drivers i a lost please help

Advertisements

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Are you sure the speakers are plugged into the correct plug on the back of the computer? It should be plugged into the GREEN port on the back of the computer. Also verify that the speakers are plugged into a power outlet and that the power is turned on and the volume is not set at the lowest level. Also left click the volume icon down by the clock and make sure the volume level isn't set all the way down.

If none of the above works, try plugging the speakers into another computer you know the sound works on and see if the speakers work. If they don't, then your speakers are bad and you will need to purchase a new set.

Fenor

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
hi thanks for the quick reply, in audio options they are all at max, and the speakers are working cause i just tried them on this laptop and worked perfect, its in the right port the green one, i just dont know what the h e l l is going on

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 04:21 PM.

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
When you go to DEVICE MANAGER, click the '+' symbol next to sound, video & game controllers and list what is listed there in your next post.

Fenor

Edited by Fenor, 14 July 2006 - 04:22 PM.

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
its a brand new motherboard. aww noo i am have no luck with this computer at all, one thing i forgot to add its using soundmax drivers that what it said t download on the mother boards website ok wait i will get it now... will edit this one witht he results#

ok all it says is,

Soundmax intergrated Digital audio

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 04:28 PM.

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Download this and look at Page 1-22:
http://dlsvr02.asus....494_p4v8x-x.pdf (manual for your board)

Take the side off your case and see where Number 9 is, front panel audio. Do you have anything plugged onto those connectors or do you just have two jumpers either side of the missing pin?

If you have nothing at all on this set of pins, turn your computer off and find two small jumpers from somewhere (off old hard drives or CD units for example) and use them on either side of the pin that is (deliberately by design) missing.

On the other hand, if you have eight or so little connectors on this jumper block, they are probably wired up incorrectly, so a quick solution is to turn off the computer, pull them all out, stick two jumpers on the appropriate pins (see above) and then you should have sound.

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
ohh that really helps thanks, ok there are no jumpers on it at all i will take 2 jumpers of one of these 2 old motherboards i have here, so i connected the jumpers as it shows yeh, in the manual, then blue jumpers, ...testing now will post results

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 06:27 PM.

StaticRed

StaticRed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
ok weres that neil, as an irish man i gota buy u a pint, that did the trick I HAVE SOUND, thanks man u dont know how much u helped, thanks man,

Edited by StaticRed, 14 July 2006 - 06:36 PM.