Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Can't detect Hard Drives

• Please log in to reply

SpacePyro

SpacePyro

• Pip
  • 8 posts
OK, so I have my motherboard up and running, and my BIOS is now fine. Now I have another problem. The VIA RAID. I pressed TAB to get into the VIA RAID setup, and did everything it said in the manual to create an array. I pressed ESC as it said, and it rebooted as normal. I pop in Windows XP Service Pack 2, and it takes quite a while just to even get to the blue setup screen....say, 10 minutes. I press F6 to install the VIA drivers from a floppy, and it installs successfully. Then I reach the screen that says "Welcome to Windows XP setup" and then I click enter to install, but then it says "Windows cannot detect any hard drives" or something along those lines. Yet, I set it as a RAID array. What's wrong here?

I'm using two Western Digital 32GB hard drives, as RAID 0. They have been completely formatted.

Another problem I see is that my array never saves. I set it as an array, but when I quit out of the program, and I see the VIA screen, it doesn't show any Arrays set up. What's the problem here?

Thanks!

Advertisements