Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RAM is not working

• Please log in to reply

shockerboy8

shockerboy8

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
so i have a 2 512 DDR Ram sticks creating a dual channel 1 G. They are the same brand, speed, everything. Now i dont know what happened but one of them doesnt work anymore. any hints on what i could do? i have already figured out one is the problem and i have switched them out and everything but nothing works. please help. is there any hope?

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
Try each individually,if the one that does not work fails on its own,then the only option is replace it with a new one.

shockerboy8

shockerboy8

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
thanks man. thats what i feared. but another question. if i get the same speed and everything but a different brand will i still get the dual channel effect?

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
It is not essential be the same brand but it is more efficient to use identical pairs of ram.