Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Uninstalling Game

• Please log in to reply

shelleys

shelleys

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Help!!! I am trying to uninstall the PC game Alice. I tried from the Programs list, from the Remove Programs and from the actual Alice disc. Everytime I get this error message:

An installation support file could not be installed.
Catastrophic failure.

I even tried to reinstal and the same message came up. I closed out all running programs so that would be no interference from other programs too.

Any and all suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

Advertisements

Crater

Crater

• PipPip
  • 58 posts
If you've tried the control panel/uninstall option. I would suggest re-installing the game and trying to uninstall again. Sometimes installation files that are required for uninstallation get corrupted DURING installing, or during gameplay. If that doesn't work lemme know.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

I even tried to reinstal and the same message came up.

Already tried reinstalling it Crater. The sloppy way is to drag the program folder into the bin and delete it, that doesn't really totally uninstall it (I don't think) but if it's that important to get rid of that will work....sorta.

Edited by BlackPandemic, 17 July 2006 - 10:15 PM.

ColonelChaos007

ColonelChaos007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
If you drag the file into the recyle bin, it won't uninstall it, you are only deleting the icon. :whistling:

tsavong_lah

tsavong_lah

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Not if you delete the actual folder from "c:\Program Files"

In fact, that would work, provided you did a thorough registry clean immediatly afterwords.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
Oh yeah, I forgot about the registry. If you can NOT get the game to uninstall the correct way. Drag the whole folder from the Local Disk into the trash. Then you have to clean the registry of the game (which I'm not certain how to do anymore).

tsavong_lah

tsavong_lah

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Any registry cleaner will work fine, I use Abexo Free Registry Cleaner 1.0. You can get better software if you pay, of course.

XanaX

XanaX

• Pip
  • 4 posts
paying for software? lol plenty of sites that offer "free" ones :whistling: