Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

my internet is not working

• Please log in to reply

dlg_mla1

dlg_mla1

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My internet is not working!!! HELP!!! I have a router and wireless, It says I have connection but There be no internet.... HELP!!!! I have tried everything.... including

Creating a new connection...
unplugging.....
throwing computer.... :whistling:

Advertisements

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
How do you connect to the Internet> dsl, cable, what? Did it ever work? When did it stop working? Are you sure you're not online? (Sometimes our shortcuts get corrupted) Have you talked to your ISP to see if they are having service issues? Throwing computers is not nearly as satisfying as running over them with a truck.
Johanna

startechie

startechie

• PipPip
  • 27 posts
turn off your firewall.

Johanna

Johanna

The Leather Lady

• 3,038 posts
We generally only recommend turning off a firewall for diagnostic purposes, and only after we have exhausted other possible conflicts. Indiscriminately turning off a firewall is not good advice.

Startechie- let the poster answer the questions, and we will proceed from there.
Johanna