Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Printer Calibration Problem

• Please log in to reply

Rex Manning

Rex Manning

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
Hello,

I am having problems printing out cd booklets. I am using the NEATO Mediaface II software. For some reason, when I attempt to print on the glossy side of the page, it does not print perfectly vertical. It runs in a slightly diagonal manner. The odd part is that printing on the non-glossy side does not result in this same problem. I've played with the software quite a bit, but to the best of my knowledge you can only calibrate in a horizontal or vertical direction, not diagonal. Does this sound more like an issue with the printer? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
Sounds like a slippage problem where the printer feed roller can't grip the sheet properly when it's glossy-side up. Does this happen when you print from any other application (eg Word) on to the same paper?

Some printers have a grip adjustment (usually a two-position lever) to accomodate very thick media, but if it's set for thick media when you are actually using thinner media, the paper can slip sideways as it's feeding through. Can't think of anything else.