Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Changing AV from Norton to AVG

• Please log in to reply

bunkertwh

bunkertwh

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
Thank you for taking the time to read my post I have 30 days left with Norton AV subsciption and wanted to ask do you think it is ok to change to AVG as I notice it is on this site as a good free AV program. I will have to delete Norton and download AVG could you please offer your advice or help.

Kind Regards

Bunkertwh

Edited by bunkertwh, 15 July 2006 - 02:03 PM.

Advertisements

Matt T

Matt T

• PipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Hello Bunkertwh,

There are numerous posts about changing antivirus programs from Norton Antivirus, you can search for them using the Geeks to Go search function.

I changed from Norton Antivirus earlier this year to AVG because my Norton Subscription has expired. Personally I think AVG and Avast are the two freeware programs to choose from - try them both out and see which one you like.

Hope this helps,

~Matt :-)