Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

2 partitions 1 only lets me make raw partition

• Please log in to reply

Justin_G

Justin_G

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
heres what i have done i was trying to reinstall windows w/ a windows xp pro boot disc/install disc and i still have windows xp had xp home on my pc. when i boot from disk and choose to where i want to install windows there is like a 19000 mb of unpartitoned space that lets me install windows in ntfs and there is like a 97000 mb of unpartioned space that only lets me partion it in RAW what is goin on how do i just clear everthing off and start fresh?????

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Sounds like there's probably an extended partition still left in there.. Frankly I'd just install windows in the smaller partition, and then when in windows format the rest, and instsall my programs and stuff there.. It'll be simpler next time you want to reformat, just worry about windows, cause the rest wouldnt get formatted