Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

sound problems

• Please log in to reply

unearth203

unearth203

• PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
i need help, the sound on my speakers is really low i have to turn the volume up to max just to be able to hear something, it was fine a few days ago, so does anyone have any ideas

Advertisements

Guest_rushin1nd_*

Guest_rushin1nd_*
go start....control panel......sounds and audio device..check to see if your volumes at max.

do you have any programs that may require volume if you do make sure they are at max as well

yahoo for example has volume that affects your sound

check media player volume as well

if you have volume in your task bar make sure its at the settings you want

do you have volume control on your speakers check that too

unearth203

unearth203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
yup all at max

Fenor

Fenor

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,236 posts
Try a different set of speakers and see if the volume problem still exists. I don't mean go out and buy another set of speakers, but rather borrow a set of speakers from a friend/family member.

If that doesn't work, you can try updating the chipset drivers for your motherboard and also updating the sound card driver as well.

Also, does this problem occur only when trying to watch media (aka DVD movies) or does it occur all the time when you are doing anything that produces sound?

Fenor

unearth203

unearth203

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
alright all give those things a shot, the problem occurs all the time no matter what it is