Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vidoe files

• Please log in to reply

kido21

kido21

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Deer Geeks,

When I take a photo with my digital camera "turned on the side" I can easily adjust that when I've saved the photo on my computer - I then just right click the image and choose turn 'clockwise' or 'anti clockwise'.
But, I'm now wondering if there also is a way to turn a video file in a similar way..???
(It gets tireing to watch movie shots that are filmed with the camera turned on the side!)
Looking forward to your answer
Thank you!
Ken

Advertisements

kido21

kido21

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Deer Geeks,

When I take a photo with my digital camera "turned on the side" I can easily adjust that when I've saved the photo on my computer - I then just right click the image and choose turn 'clockwise' or 'anti clockwise'.
But, I'm now wondering if there also is a way to turn a video file in a similar way..???
(It gets tireing to watch movie shots that are filmed with the camera turned on the side!)
Looking forward to your answer
Thank you!
Ken

warriorscot

warriorscot

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 8,889 posts
Should be dont know the specifics depends what software you use or you can just rotate the full desktop which seems drastic but is sometimes the easiest way.

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
From Windows media Player help
How do I rotate video that I have recorded with my digital camera in the Player?

You can rotate video clips in Windows Movie Maker by doing the following:
1. Import the video clip into Windows Movie Maker.
2. Drag the imported video clip and drop it onto the timeline.
3. On the Tools menu, click Video Effects.
4. To rotate the video clip to the right, drag the Rotate 90 video effect and drop it onto the movie on the timeline.
-or-
To rotate the video clip to the left, drag the Rotate 270 video effect and drop it onto the movie on the timeline.
5. On the File menu, click Save Movie File and follow the instructions in the Save Movie Wizard.

Note that you may need to adjust the pixel aspect ratio of your rotated video so that it looks normal during playback.

Or you could do the reverse of this

Why is my video upside down?

If the video image is upside down, try increasing the video hardware acceleration. There are two video hardware acceleration settings—one in the Player, and one in the Windows operating system. You must change both settings.

To change the setting in the Player, on the Tools menu, click Options, and then click the Performance tab. Move the Video acceleration slider to Full.

To change the setting in Windows, click Start, click Control Panel, double-click Display, click the Settings tab, click Advanced, and then click the Troubleshoot tab. Move the Hardware acceleration slider to Full.