Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ARGH!

• Please log in to reply

Obcilion

Obcilion

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
No idea what to do, the game crashes, returning to the desktop, and that error report thingie pops up. this only happens with some games in 3d (civ4, heroes V, sims2, rct3) but not on others (rrt3, EVE, Ds2, unreal 2003) and not at all with 2d games. sometimes the computer "turns itself off", the screen goes black, the sound stopps, but the fans and stuff is still running

Abit vt7
Intel Celeron 2.40 ghz
Nvidia GeForce 6600
1.5 gb RAM

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
How hot is your graphics card getting? Like, how is it cooled?

Second, are all of your video card drivers up to date? The latest games may require more up to date drivers than the other 3d and 2d games.

Obcilion

Obcilion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
the graphics cardu uses a fan, just downloaded the latest drivers, still crashing.....

Obcilion

Obcilion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
just checked the card, it's not hot at all, I can touch it without problems

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
just out of curiousity have you been updating the same computer time after time? Or did you build it yourself. I'm thinking that your PSU isn't giving out enough juice for your computer. But before we jump to that what are the settings for the games your graphics card may not be able to give what your asking out of it.
James

Obcilion

Obcilion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
I built the computer two years ago, and I've been fidling with it ever since :whistling:.... All the games fit the requirements. Btw, my bios set my cpu clock to 3.6 ghz a couple of times

Edited by Obcilion, 19 July 2006 - 03:00 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
it may fit the requirements, but you need much higher then the requirements to play it on higher detail. Lower the detail to low and remove effects such as shadows and such. See if you have the same problem.
thanx
James

Edit: thats a huge overclocking, to my knoledge celrons arn't the greatest over clockers. Be sure that its not over clocked it could be a way to much for it to handle, and there for crash.

Edited by james_8970, 19 July 2006 - 03:08 PM.

Obcilion

Obcilion

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 14 posts
so you mean that i simply have to lower the detail? I mean, it doesen't lag or anything... the clocking problem is a long time ago, I've found out that my games crash less frequently when i set it to 2.16....

Tanks for ur help, btw

Edited by Obcilion, 19 July 2006 - 03:13 PM.

james_8970

james_8970

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 5,084 posts
it should. i faced similar problems one time, and thats all it took to fix me up.
James