Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Removing Someones Link

• Please log in to reply

stanggirl

stanggirl

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Someone has been harassing me and now has posted a link on a website that has my phone # and other info about me on it! This guy posted it on a website and started a thread with the link in it! Is there any way I can remove this link? I have deleted the ad where he got this from but when you click on his link he posted it still works and comes up with all me info! Please help me!

Thank you! :whistling:

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
The easiest thing would be to contact the administrator of the web site. They can edit his post and possibly ban his account at the site. They may also inform his Internet Service Provider of this as well so they can take action if they desire.

If you truely feel harassed, you will also want to contact your local police department as well as a lawyer should you wish to press charge against him.

-Ryan

stanggirl

stanggirl

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I have contacted the guy that posted it and the all the moderaters of that web site and so far its all no and tuff sh**. These people on this website are not the nicest of people and they dont care.

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Go with plan B then...say something like "due to your unwillingness to cooperate, I feel that I have no other choice but to report this matter to the police for further action"

also, do you mind letting me know what the site is (PM me the link if you don't wish to post it here)

-Ryan