Computer does not reconized a disc or the or the CD or DVD drive
M/S Windows XP / Home Edition / Version 2002 / Service Pk 2
Manufactured by / Gateway Model 55GE / Intel ® / Pentium 4
CPU 3.20 GHz / 504 MB of ram
The computer has a double-layer burning 8.5 GB max capacity.
Also a compact disc CD-Rom.
This is the trouble-shooting i have done so far.
1) Made sure that the disc label was facing up, and then try it again.
2) I shut down and restarted the computer to see if the computer was
experiencing some memory problems. Memory is ok.
3) Restarted the computer,then I enter the Bios Setup utility by pressing
and holding the F2 key while the computer restarted , to make sure
that the IDE contollers are enable. THEY WERE NOT , THEY WERE DISABLE.
4) I then went to the HARD DISK PRE-DELAYED configuration and it also was
disable. i pressed the enter key and changed it to a ( 5 seconds) There were
no enable option. pressed F10 key and restarted the computer, reinserted
a disc in the CD-rom, and a dvd disc in the dvd drive, still the same problem.
5) When the discs are inserted in either drive (D) or (E) this is what happens.
A) In the dvd rom the light is green and blinks nothing else.
B) In the cd-rom it does the same thing.
6) When i open my computer and r/click on either drive i get this message.
Please insert a blank disc in drive D /E.
7) The device mngr shows that everything is operating normal and enable.
Don't know what else to do. Hopine that i wouldn't be needing new dvd or cd-rom.
any help or expertise will be gladly appreciated.