Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Riven

• Please log in to reply

nondaj

nondaj

• PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
Replaying this old ame on a new Dell Dimension XPS400 with Genuine Intel Motherboard and
Intel ® Pentium® D CPU 2.80 GHz with

Windows Aufio - Sigma Tel Audio
and PCI/PNP Audio - Intel 82801 GB ICH 7 High Definition Audio Controller [A-1]

Am told sound card is on the motherboard.

In the game I can hear background noises but no voice nor music/sound in the beginning of the game. During the game so far also - background noises but when people speak, there is no voice sound.

Can advise what to do to remedy this situation.

Video card is working fine.

Advertisements

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
you may have your sound set to 5.1 or higher if you do not use more than 2-3 speakers then set sound to 2.1.

Go to control panel/sound and audio devices/speaker settings/ Advanced/select 2.1 speakers

you should then hear Atrus's voice etc

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
followed your direction clear up to 'advanced' and there I do not get any 2.1 settings only a picture to select that fits my configuration.

if I choose volume rather than advanced button then I get a screen with many sliders entitled 'right' 'left' and differing channels. All the sliders are in differing places so have NO ideas which to move where.

Can advise around this configuration?

HaraldR

HaraldR

• PipPipPip
  • 193 posts
When you opened speaker setting what picture was showing?

The picture you need are 2 speakers either desktop stereo speakers or similar to what you have.

If your volume controls show more than 2 channels(left and right front)then the sound is being sent to other channels ,in Rivens case, the rear speakers.

nondaj

nondaj

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 412 posts
The picture was of two speakers on either side of tower which I do have.

Am attaching a bitmap to show you all the sliders. Can direct me what to do with them if adjusting is needed?

Am not sure attachment came through will do again and excuse if it is repetitious. Hope you got the attachment as I do not see it on this reply but hesitate to do a third time.