Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dr Watson Postmortem Debugger [resolved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

The General

The General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Michelle,

I must have made a typo and didn't realize it on the dbghekp file. I did a search for it and couldn't find it. I even went back into the event viewer and searched thru all the error logs and couldn't find this file. However, all the faulting modules are the same. They start with the windows explorer faulting module shell32.dll, version 6.0.2900.2578, fault address 0x00054581 and then follow with the DRWTSN32.EXE. version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x0001295d.

I also came upon a svchost.exe.faulting module schedsvc.dll, version 5.1.2600.2180, fault address 0x00006f83.

I didn't see much of anything else.

I also remeber that about the same time I started to experience problems I added two new memory sticks of Kbyte 512 RAM. Would this have anything to do with the problem? Just trying to help the best I can.

The General

Advertisements

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi The General

Click this link then follow the instructions to repair. http://support.micro...om/?kbid=329769

Kc :tazz:

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi The General

I would like you to uninstall McAfee, yes I mean uninstall.

We believe that McAfee is upset.

When you have completed the removal delete any left over file or folders off McAfee.

Reboot your PC.

Then reinstall McAfee.

Let us know if there are any improvemants.

The General

The General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thatman,
I went to the recommended website at microsoft and my updates are current. It also recommended that I restart the task scheduler which I did. Still no change. When I get a chance I will uninstall the McAfee program.

The General

The General

The General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thatman and Michelle,

This morning I uninstalled McAfee Internet Security Suite and then restarted the computer. Just for kicks I tried to arrow over the programs from the start menu. It still caused the error messages. Then I reinstalled McAfee programs, ran all updates and restarted the computer. I still have the problem. SO, on recommendation from a computer savy relative I bought and ran Fix it Utilities 5 and ran all the programs. I still have the problem. I appreciate all the help you two have provided, but I think it is time to take my computer somewhere and have it fixed. I have been dealing with this for 2+ weeks and I am not sure if we can get this thing fixed together or not. Any other suggestions or recommendations?

The General

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi The General

For your information HijackThis doe's not scan the whole system

Please run the following free, online virus scans.
http://www.pandasoft...n_principal.htm

Please post the logs From Panda virus scan and HJT.log we will need them to remove previous infections that have left files on your system.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
General,
Please try this for me as well:

I tried this on my computer in safe mode to make sure it would work!

Boot into Safe Mode
Go to Start->Run and type "Services.msc" (without quotes) then hit Ok
Scroll down and look to see if you can find any services called:

Workstation NetLogon Service
or
Network Security Service (NSS)
or
Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Helper
or
(possibly some gibberish like this: 11F#`I)

You may see something called Remote Procedure Call or Remote Procedure Call Locator - these are fine we're just looking for Remote Procedure Call Helper.

Let me know!
Michelle

Guest_thatman_*

Guest_thatman_*
Hi The General

Please ignore all previous posts

Mwav Download
Make sure when you run it, check all the boxes for files and everything like that, and make it so it scans all files and not just program files... Then click on "Scan Clean"
This will take a number of hour to complete.

Download the CCleaner unzip the file to install.
Open the ccleaner.
Place a check by everything in the Applications tab.
Place a check by Internet Explorer, Windows explorer, and System in the Windows tab.
Now click on Run Cleaner
When the cleaner has finnished.

Reboot your system

Post a new HJT.log

Kc :tumbsup:

The General

The General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Thatman,

Your link to the scan you wanted me to perform didn't work.

Todd

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
Try this one:
http://www.mwti.net/.../tools/mwav.exe

Michelle

Advertisements

The General

The General

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
Michelle/Thatman

I didn't run anymore scans and I took my CPU to a repair shop and they ran some diagnostics on it. They told me I didn't have a virus and that my OS files were corrupted. They informed me I needed to reinstall the OS. So I guess I am lucky it wasn't a virus.

I appreciate your help in this matter,
The General.

Michelle

Michelle

Malware Removal Goddess

• Retired Staff
  • 8,928 posts
I'm glad they found out the problem! Finally, resolved after 2+ weeks (tired of me? :tazz: ) Thank you for letting us know what was causing it.

Michelle ;)

gbo1982

gbo1982

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have had the same problem where when I opened a file on my desktop I would get the internet explorer error message. Then i would get an error message from drwatson postmortem debugger and I did not have a clue what this program was couldnt find it anywhere but run a scan with search and destroy and it got rid of it straight away. I think drwatson... got on to my system from the adaware you get with morpheus p2p file sharing program or it might have been a different p2p file sharing program. Anyways search and destroy gets rid of the nasty piece of s*it