Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

overclock Intel 3.46 extreme and ddr2 800 2x1gb

• Please log in to reply

mreed

mreed

• Pip
  • 5 posts
System build (spending more than I'll really use but I do like games, Hi def movies, and I need to edit years of digital home movies). Stability and reliability is important at tax time but career is never computer dependent. Given my purchases thus far a first experience in overclocking is indicated. Mobo Intel d975xbxlbx (rev ? and probably not good) and listed components are already shipped. My first assesment is that an fsb setting of 1600 Mz will support the memory. Intel website is not revealing for voltage limits on the cpu. Predicting confusion when components arrive, any suggestions for bios settings to take a conservative advantage of the components so far purchased? I gave up Sli compatability due to other builders reports of delayed returns and more problems with Nvidea chipset (no defenders please). Conflicting local advice suggests that while the brand name can't be quoted the board does actually support current quad gpu technology, I just want to know if a 7950 card will dual gpu will be fully functional. Has anyone built an Intel board overclocked system?

Advertisements

Samm

Samm

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,476 posts
Welcome to G2G

I can help you with the voltage part of your query -

There are 2 Pentium Extreme 3.46 cpus (dual core & single core). I assume you have the dual core version but I'll give you the specs for both, just in case

Dual core:
sspec number : SL94N
FSB : 1066MHz
Min/Max voltage : 1.25 - 1.40V

Single core:
sspec number : SL7NF
FSB : 1066MHz
Min/max voltage : 1.525 - 1.60V

Hope this helps a bit