Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

XP system freezing randomly

• Please log in to reply

grazazel

grazazel

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi have made a post in hardware about this problem and they thought it was my psu. I have changed this but no joy, I have changed ram and gfx card as well, done a full re-install too. The problem is that in some games my computer randomly hangs but is fine in others. Eg. ST:Elite force 2 works fine with all settings maxxed out, football manager 06 no problems. But medal of honour pacific assault I get textures flashing on and off and randomly crashes to desktop, and oblivion randomly freezes up my comp totally. This can also happen when watching dvd's, some freeze comp others don't. I am at a total loss to the cause of this erratic performance so any help would be greatly appreciated.

My PC spec is:-

Asrock k7s8x mobo
AMD xp3000+
1gb ddr400(2x 512mb sticks)
radeon x800GTO (just changed from 9800PRO)
600w psu(changed from 400psu)
2x 40gb maxtor HDD's
onboard sound
xp pro SP2

Edited by grazazel, 17 July 2006 - 04:52 AM.

Advertisements

grazazel

grazazel

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
anyone as this is doing my nut in