Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

virus

• Please log in to reply

depose

depose

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Norton showed I have a virus; WINDOWS\system 32\kbdiop.dll. It cannot fix, quarantine, or repair it. I tried to delete it manually in SAFE mode. It wouldn't delete or let me rename it. How do I get rid of it? I am getting lots of pop-ups and error messages. Thanks, Debra

Advertisements

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Please go to the malware forum and follow the instructions at the top....Especially the CLICK HERE .
That will give you several steps that will help you clean up 70 percent of all problems by yourself. If at the end of the process you are still having difficulty--and you may not be-- then post a hijackthis log in THAT forum.
If you are still having problems after getting a clean bill of health from the malware staff, please return to this thread.
-Ryan

depose

depose

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I have the instructions from malware. However, I can't get past step one because after I click download for Ad-aware SE there is no webupdate feature that I can find. Please tell me what else to look for so I can do this. Also, how do I get the computer in SAFE mode? My son did it for me the last time we tried to get rid of the virus, but he has returned to college. Thanks, Debra

Ryan

Ryan

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts
Just post the HiJack This log (Step 5). After you have posted it in the Malware forum, a staff member will assist you.

-Ryan

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
On the main Ad-aware SE page, look in the lower right hand corner just above the ''start'' botton. It says: check for updates now. To get in safe mode: during bootup, keep tapping f8 until a screen pops up where you can choose safe mode.

Emery.