Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Link won't work

• Please log in to reply

Ste

Ste

• PipPipPip
  • 240 posts
Hello, I recently bought some webspace to upload a site to but when I was sent the link for the Control Panel and after changing my nameservers I just get the old 'Page cannot be displayed' message. The host is puzzled about the situation and after sending me other site links that are already working on his server I find I can't access them either (I have tried two computers in the same house). The latest conclusion is that it may be something to do with my SP 'Ntl' whom I have emailed about the matter but I don't really expect much attention from them just a reference to their premium rate tech advice line. It is the first time I have come across this situation can anyone help?

link - www.photoartimage.co.uk/cpanel

Steve. :whistling:

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that page does load for me (though it asks for a username/password wich i don't have and don't want)...ie7 claims that there are problems with the security certificate on that page...which may be stopping you from accessing it....try setting your security settings in I.E. to low and going to the url

Ste

Ste

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

that page does load for me (though it asks for a username/password wich i don't have and don't want)...ie7 claims that there are problems with the security certificate on that page...which may be stopping you from accessing it....try setting your security settings in I.E. to low and going to the url

(seems to be a tech problem with my reply)

Hi, that's strange, I reset the security level to low, close down IE when I open it again and check, it's back to medium. Just the same results. I don't usually mess with these settings and as I have the same reslult on my other system which hasn't been touched in that respect I would presume if it is to do with 'settings' it would be default? I have also turned off my McAfee firewall and Anti Virus progs and also tried the link in Firefox,-just the same. Is there something else I should be looking at?

Steve

tech problem fixed :whistling: