Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sharing Wireless Via Cable possible?

• Please log in to reply

refti

refti

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Ok I have a mac notebook with Wireless internet, so I plugged a network cable from that while it was on into the back of my PC...it wouldn't pick the internet up through it. Is this possible to do it this way or do I have to have a seperate adapter for it? Or maybe I just haven't set it up as I'm not very savvy with PCs compared to macs. Thanks in advance

Advertisements

SuperSam

SuperSam

• PipPipPip
  • 693 posts
Hi there - and Welcome to Geeks to Go!

I don't know if it is possible to share a wireless connection from a Mac, I'm guessing you should be able to.

On Windows XP I know you can share the connection by going to Start, All Programs, Accessories, Communications, Network Setup Wizard and following it through to fit your needs. If and when you find a way to share the connection on the mac, you will need to run the Network Setup Wizard, using "Connect to the internet through another computer on this network" - or something along these lines.

Good Luck - Sam

silverman_2

silverman_2

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi

im not very mac saavy :whistling: but i have the same situation as you except my laptop is a xp machine.

see if you can "bridge" both the wireless and the wired connections... i would have no clue how to do this on a mac, but i know in windows you can select both connections and click "bridge connections"

hope that helps.