Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer automatically shutting off

• Please log in to reply

azuca138753

azuca138753

• PipPip
  • 37 posts
Hello. Recently, I took my computer to a professional shop to get the CPU power supply examined. Once fixed, I did not have problems for about three or four weeks. Now, my computer is shutting down automatically again. However, the fan is working at full blast, the computer is not overheating, and I just got the power supply examined. What else could it be? Any solutions? I've attatched a system report from EVEREST Home Edition to this message if it helps at all. Thank you in advance!!

~Gared

Attached Files

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
If you have more than one stick of RAM, take them all out but one. Does it still shutsdown by itself?

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I dont have any sticks of RAM including Microdrives or my iPod. The only items connected to my computer currently by way of USB port are my printer and my mouse. Other than that, no sticks of RAM. It hasn't gone out since my last post, but I'm watching it closely. Thank you for your post. Any other suggestions?

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
With RAM I mean the sticks of memory inside your computer case. Is this a laptop or a desktop?

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
Desktop

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Could you open the case and look inside for the stick(s) of RAM? if there's more than one in, take them all out but one.

Here's a good explanation on what RAM is and what it does: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RAM.

Emery.

azuca138753

azuca138753

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts
I believe that I only have one. My computer seems to only power down whenever my nephew begins to play Disney's Toontown Online at www.toontown.com. I this program too big to run on my computer? It shouldn't be, because he has played it on my computer before. The last power down time was about 3 minutes ago.