Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help Identifying component

• Please log in to reply

pstefan

pstefan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I accdently spilled a glass of wine on my Dell Inspiron 2600. My keyboard is acting up which I can replace but also my lcd screen is not working. I don't believe it's the video card because I can hook up externally to a crt and it works fine. All I get is a white light on my lcd. There is a piece that goes between the video card and the flex cable and I think this is what maybe faulty. Does anyone know what this piece is called and it's purpose? Why can't I get any picture or graphics on my lcd screen? I replaced my flex cable because I accidently ripped it when I disconnected it. I just wanted to state that I was getting the white light before I replaced the flex cable so I don't thnk the flex cable is the problem. I also don't believe the lcd screen got any wine on it so I think it would eliminate that. My dvd drive works fine too. It just seems to be the signal to the lcd screen.

Thanks,

Patty

Edited by pstefan, 17 July 2006 - 04:01 PM.

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
could be the fl invertor on the screen or it could be a cable issue as well...

K3NnY

K3NnY

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
That adapter you ripped out could have been a VGA to DVI or DVI to VGA adapter, depending what input your LCD has, you can get those at bestbut for 2 bucks. :whistling:

pstefan

pstefan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No that's not it what you discribe appears to be a cable. This is not a cable or adapter. It's a littly circuit board piece that connects to the video card and then the flex cable plugs into it. This does not adapt to the back of the laptop. It is inside underneath the keyboard.

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts

No that's not it what you discribe appears to be a cable. This is not a cable or adapter. It's a littly circuit board piece that connects to the video card and then the flex cable plugs into it. This does not adapt to the back of the laptop. It is inside underneath the keyboard.

Not familiar with dell but toshiba calls that the fl invertor as said above

the only other thing I can think of is the backlight but you said it does light just no picture

Edited by shard92, 19 July 2006 - 09:01 AM.