Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Is Security iGuard for real?

• Please log in to reply

cghoenes

cghoenes

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
Hello,

I found this site while looking for help with a virus that was affecting my msn homepage (by changing it to w-find/home.htm all of the time). I believe that I have fixed this problem just by reading your posts (thanks!), but I do have a question regarding Security iGuard.

I am running Windows XP Pro and Security iGuard never popped up onto my desktop until I was infected with this "w-find" virus. From that moment on it would pop up and tell me to "click here" to find solutions to my virus problems. I never did click on the icon and just closed the graphic. Then I had to continuously uninstall Security iGuard from my computer.

Is Security iGuard a real Microsoft program or is it a virus in disguise? If I wanted to make sure that it never came back up, how would I remove it from my computer?

Thanks for your help! Great site!

Chris Hoenes

Advertisements

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi Chris and welcome
Glad you seem to have sorted out your problem,
See Here for some info on Security iGuard, You will have to scroll down to find it,

See if you can't find it in Add/Remove programs to remove it,
If no luck could you post a HJT log for us to review,