Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Hitman : Blood Money BSOD (Crash)

• Please log in to reply

nitric

nitric

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I bought this game yesterday and on the 3rd mission I get a Blue screen..I tried a few more times and I get a blue screen everytime I play the game now. It doesn't happend on any other games but Hitman, what's going on!?!?

Advertisements

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Could be that the 3rd mission is graphically demanding.

My guess is either your video card cannot support the game or your power supply cannot support the video card. Although, I have never seen BSOD on this issue before (usually it just restarts the computer). So it could be something else....

anyways, what is your video card and power supply? How many ampers in the +12V channel?

nitric0

nitric0

• Pip
  • 6 posts
I have a
AMD 3200+
X800XL
1GB RAM
450W PSU

I can run games such as Prey or HL2, hitman should be a breeze. The game just crashes on me on that level all the time

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
try uninstalling the game and reinstalling it

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Yeah, you have the right parts. Sounds like a software issue.

I agree with happyrck. Perhaps one of the files was corrupted during install. Uninstall the game, and reinstall in Safe Mode to be sure no other programs bother it during the install.

nitric0

nitric0

• Pip
  • 6 posts
i reinstalled twice before posting here
:|

UV_Power

UV_Power

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
Have you updated all your drivers? Not just video card drivers, but mobo/chipset drivers as well?

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Follow These Steps:

Step 1:
First of all, you must find out exactly what is causing the problem. You do this by disabling auto rebooting when the BSOD appears. Here's how you do that:
1. Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties"
2. Select the "Advanced" tab
3. Under "Startup and Recovery" click the "Settings" button (the third of the three "Settings" buttons) --> A new window pops up
4. In the window that has just popped up, uncheck (turn off) "Automatically restart" under "System Failure"
5. Do not change any of the other settings unless you know what you are doing!!!
6. Click "Ok" to close the window and then click "Ok" again to close the Properties panel for My Computer.

Step 2:
1. Repeat doing whatever it is that seems to cause your computer to strangely reboot
2. When you have finaly succeded, your system will freeze and the Blue Screen Of Death (BSOD) will stay on your screen until you are ready to manually reset the computer (using the reset button on your case)
3. There will be a lot of unintelligible things written on your screen, but somewhere in the lower third of your screen, under "Technical information", you will see the name of the file that causes the crashes. (The name of the file usually looks like this: whatever.sys Examples: NVMCP.SYS; USBPORT.SYS and so on) Write that down.

The cause of the crashes is a driver that doesen't seem to get along with Windows XP very well. In other words, a file that is part of the driver for a device installed on your computer is causing the BSOD.

Step 3:
Identify the device that nasty file is associated to and update the driver for that device (by update, I don't necessarily mean installing a newer driver, but any driver with which your computer will work fine, even if it's a much older version). Here's how you do that:
1. Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties"
2. Select the "Hardware" tab and click the "Device Manager" button --> A new window pops up
3. In the Device Manager, select the device that you think that filename might be pointing to (if you have no clue whatsoever what device the file might be referring to, try random devices. You will most likely find the device that causes the problem in one of the following categories: Display adaptors, Audio devices, USB devices, Network devices)
4. Right click the device and select "Properties" --> A new window pops up
5. In the Properties panel, select the "Driver" tab and click the "Driver Details..." button --> Yet another window pops up
6. In the new window, all the files that make up the driver for that device are shown. If you find the same filename that pops up on the BSOD, you have found the device that is causing you trouble.

Tell me which driver is causing your problem, then tell me.

Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Well, I'm having a similar problem...

On the third level too it will randomly just close the game, even if I'm not pressing anything at the time. After the crash a few times it gave me a C++ runtime error dialog box, but it doesn't do that every time. I too have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but the third level just seems to be jacked up.

But, on the plus side I've found the best way to beat the wine level because I've had to play it so many times...

Rothers2005

Rothers2005

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
i had the same promblem but lucky enough after i reinstalled and updated both the game and my drivers it worked