Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Call of Duty 2 Error

• Please log in to reply

ColonelChaos007

ColonelChaos007

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hello. It's nice to finally come here to the masters and get help. lol. So, let me introduce the problem I have while playing Call of Duty 2. Let me list my PC Specs first:

Operating System System Model
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 1 (build 2600) Hewlett-Packard Presario R3000 (DZ353U#ABA) 03
System Serial Number: CND41713PB
Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor a Main Circuit Board b
800 megahertz AMD Athlon 64
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
256 kilobyte secondary memory cache Board: Compal 08A0 32.1C
Serial Number: CND41713PB
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Hewlett-Packard F.03 02/24/2004
Drives Memory Modules c,d
60.00 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
571 Megabytes Hard Drive Free Space

NVIDIA GeForce4 420 Go 32M [Display adapter]
Default Monitor (2x)
LGP 15.4 [Monitor] (15.4"vis)

HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4241N [CD-ROM drive]

IC25N060ATMR04-0 [Hard drive] (60.01 GB) -- drive 0, s/n MRG357K3J4H1PH, rev MO3OAD5A, SMART Status: Healthy 512 Megabytes Installed Memory

Slot 'S1' has 512 MB
Slot 'S2' is Empty
Local Drive Volumes

c: (NTFS on drive 0) 60.00 GB 571 MB free

All right. Well, I have been playing this game on my laptop since the day it was released on the shelves. So far, not a single problem arose. But out of my curiousity, I wanted to install a mod (LtSpeirsrealismMod) into my COD2 main folder.

At that time, I didn't know how to install mods into the game. But I was so dumb and stupid to reinstall my game. So I uninstalled my game and then reinstalled it. Everything worked out fine in the installation process.

But when I attempted to go on Multiplayer, there was an error that said:
FATAL ERROR:
Error during Initialization:
EXE_ERR_MSS_INIT_FAILED_MP

I have a lot of automatically installed mods from playing in different online servers before, but a moderator in another site told me that possibly deleting these modifications would help. But I disagree. I believe it has nothing to do with the mods.

I tried almost every possible solution for this. From System Restore - Nothing. Uninstall and Reinstalling - Nothing, but if I try to uninstall it, the Uninstall wizard window would open and a blue bar would appear representing its progress. But once it reaches the middle, it freezes, and the whole process stops and disappears. I checked my PC for viruses or any kinds of threats, they were scanned and dealt with.

Now I try to play the game to see if the viruses were the one causing this. But nothing helped. The only choice I have left is using my system recovery disc (Which I really don't want to do)

Please help me out. I would appreciate any kind of help to this problem which has been preventing me from playing for over 2 weeks. :whistling:

Edited by ColonelChaos007, 17 July 2006 - 06:25 PM.

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
look for mss32.dll in the call of duty 2 folder. it should be 362kb dated 8/11/2005. if you right click and choose properties, go to the version tab the info should be 3.0.0.0 miles sound system.

If everything matches then try this;

start/run and type in "regsvr32 c:\program files\call of duty2\mss.dll"

use the full path to the file and leave out the quotes.