Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sims 2 error

• Please log in to reply

NoReMaC

NoReMaC

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
I just insalled The Sims 2, and tryed starting it up for the first time. It came up with this error message:

"The Sims 2 has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Yada yada yada. I'm sure you guys are familiar with this message. I know I am.

So far I have tryed restarting my computer. Usually when this error comes up, I don't really know what to do. I will try re-installing it tonight.

I realize that it could be that graphics card driver, but I highly doubt it because I have been playing Oblivion and Guild Wars perfectly.

I just got a new computer a few weeks ago. The wierd thing is that it worked on my old Athlon XP 1600+, Geforce 2 GTS, 256MB system. It lagged, but it worked.

My current system specs are in my signature :whistling:

Thanks in advance for any help.. I really love the sims :blink:

Edited by NoReMaC, 17 July 2006 - 07:55 PM.

Advertisements

MattAlgren

MattAlgren

• Pip
  • 9 posts

I just insalled The Sims 2, and tryed starting it up for the first time. It came up with this error message:

"The Sims 2 has encountered an error and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Try the information at this link to the EA customer support site. Also, have you redownloaded the appropriate patches?

(By the way, just so there's no confusion, I don't work here and don't know nothin' about the instructions EA gives. I'm just a fellow Sims2 player who knows how it is to need a Sims fix.)

(Also by the way, I killed the Pleasant family last night, all four of them. I hated them so...much. If I lived in that town I wouldn't be going into the pool anytime soon, I can tell you that!)

-Matt (necktie101 on the exchange)

NoReMaC

NoReMaC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
I went to that link. The things they mainly say are close all background programs, and update video card drivers. No luck still.

Also, I re-installed it and it didn't work.

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
When I went to their website and checked the minimum specifications ( http://thesims2.ea.c....php?help_id=21 ). Your ATI Radeon X1300 isn't on the list of supported graphics cards. Now this may be the problem (it's only a guess) but that seems to be what the problem is at the moment (unless someone can think of something else).

NoReMaC

NoReMaC

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts
That's odd... Well thanks for the info.