Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GPU problems i think

• Please log in to reply

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• PipPip
  • 56 posts
Hey everyone, I have had this problem where all the pixels in windows and stuff go all wonky. I have a ATI radeon 9800 pro and i have the new drivers but im still having this problem.

Here are some screenshots of the problem:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Advertisements

emery

emery

• PipPipPip
  • 583 posts
Have you tried uninstalling the graphics card from devie manager and rebooting?

How long have you had this problem now?

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
ya i tried uninstalling all my drivers with driver cleaner pro or whatever and installing them again but same problem was still occuring.

K3NnY

K3NnY

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
You should try to update your graphics card drivers too.
It really looks like a faulty card, I've seen that a couple of times, but it could also be that your card is overheated.
You can check the graphics card temp. with SpeedFan (they shouldn't be higher than 35 deg celcius), you should also open up your rig and try cleaning your GPU cooler (an air compresser should be quite effective, if you touch the card watch out that your grounded first), and make sure that there is at least one slot empty next to the card so it can get cooled effiently.

good luck my friend. :whistling:

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
i wouldnt suggest use an air compressor because often they can spit alot or even a bit of water form the nozzel.

go out and buy a can of compressed air and clean it with that.

and more than often your card will be hotter than 35 C once it is being used i have seen some get really hot so dont be surprised if it is higher than 35 C

troppo

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
ya others from other forums have said that its probably a cooling issue, and yes i have updated my drivers plenty of times since this occurance

troppo

troppo

• PipPipPip
  • 582 posts
can you post some specs for us?

including some system specs?

what PSU are you using and what is its rating?

as in temps of your GPU, CPU, Motherboard and anythign else would be great

scottieGstring

scottieGstring

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts
ahhh that requires me to work :whistling:... k i'll get some specs sometime or another im kinda busy this week and weekend, im going to a wedding and helping set it up and stuff so it might be 3 days or a week or so till get them in