Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Veritas 10.0

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I have a backup server running Veritas BackupExec 10.0 on a Windows 2003 server. I am trying to back up a Windows XP SP2 machine using the remote agent. I install the remote agent on the remote machine fine. The logs say it installed correctly and the service is running as the local system acct as it should. When I go to the server and try to backup the remote machine, when i browse to it i get an error that the admin account cannot access the machine. I have tried multiple accounts all that I verifed are administrators on the remote machine. I am having no other problems with any other machine. I have been through Veritas support and nothing helped. I even took the machine off the domain, deleted the computer account and rejoined it. I have also deleted and reinstall the remote agent multiple times. I am lost with this. I do not have a support contract with Veritas and would prefer not to pay for it. If anyone knows anything, I welcome the help.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
remove the xp system from the domain, run newsid to redo the security on the system. delete the domain account and then re add to domain.

have you tried to iniate the backup from the actuall system itself?

If that fails then you may have to rebuild the xp system from scratch.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I will try that today, and post back my results.

Thank You

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I found the solution.

What I did was add the backupexec servers name and IP to the remote machines HOST file.

Add the remote machines name and IP to the backupexec servers HOST file.

Restarted all the backup services on the server and the remote machine and it works like a dream.

Thanks for the ideas.

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
wow. at least you got it work. just makes you wonder if that xp system isn't going to have some other issues in the future.