Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BCCODE errors!

• Please log in to reply

mitchwoodruff

mitchwoodruff

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Well, It just started today. When I started to play GTA:SA online with SA-MP. About 15 mins into the game my computer restarts and I get the BCCODE error report when I get back to my desktop.

BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : EE63AC4A BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : EBB01B03 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

-Edit-

I am trying to attatch the Mini dumb file.. but when I browse it.. hit add.. then Add this attatchment.. it refreshes FireFox but doesn't list it as attatched.. Yet manifest.txt and sysdata.xml added just fine?

-Edit 2-

Okay.. I turned off auto restart so i could see that lovely BSOD!

And it says..

DRIVERS_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

STOP: 0X000000D1(0XA6976EBE, 0X00000002, 0X00000000, 0XEB4A4B03)

nvmcp.sys - Address EB4A4B03 base at EB449000, date stamp 40B3CF79

Attached Files

Edited by mitchwoodruff, 18 July 2006 - 01:32 PM.

Advertisements

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
Ok follow these instructions:

1. Right click "My Computer" and select "Properties"
2. Select the "Hardware" tab and click the "Device Manager" button --> A new window pops up
3. In the Device Manager, select the device that you think nvmcp.sys might be pointing to (if you have no clue whatsoever what device the file might be referring to, try random devices. You will most likely find the device that causes the problem in one of the following categories: Display adaptors, Audio devices, USB devices, Network devices)
4. Right click the device and select "Properties" --> A new window pops up
5. In the Properties panel, select the "Driver" tab and click the "Driver Details..." button --> Yet another window pops up
6. In the new window, all the files that make up the driver for that device are shown. If you find the same filename that pops up on the BSOD (nvmcp.sys) , you have found the device that is causing you trouble.

Tell me which driver, nvmcp.sys is associated with.

mitchwoodruff

mitchwoodruff

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Thanks for the help so far Nikul. I found out it is the driver for -

NVIDIA® nForce™ Audio Codec Interface

So, should I just hopefully be able to update my nForce driver from nvidia.com and hope it fixes it? Or maybe worst case scenario buy a cheapo 10 dollar sound card?

Edit - The driver may be pretty old.. may 24th 2004

Edit 2 - I just updated the audio driver from 4.42 to 4.62. I will see if this fixes it, and I hope it does =)

Edited by mitchwoodruff, 18 July 2006 - 03:09 PM.

Nikul

Nikul

Banned

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 204 posts
You did just what I was going to tell you to do.

Good Luck.