Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Multiple gamepad for MAME

• Please log in to reply

mkwan

mkwan

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi,

I'm wondering if it is at all possible to connect 4 "analog" (cheap) gamepad into a computer so I could play some classic MAME games with a couple of my friends?

I read that you could "daisy chain" them together, but how exactly do u do that? Would an extra soundcard with gameport help?

Thanks.

Michael

Advertisements

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
possibly if you used extra gamepads. I've seen "splitters" for game ports but a gameport seems only able to support 6 or so buttons or some such.... the splitter that I tried worked okay for 2 butoon gamepads ( including both directional pads ) but when using 4 button gamepads 2 buttons on each pad were linked and therefore not usable. IF this Mame program will recognize usb gamepads you may have better luck that way.

mkwan

mkwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
oh, the gamepad I'm using is not usb. I'm not a frequent gamer, but I just wanted to play some classic arcade game (like bubble bobble, golden axe, ninja turtle, etc) with some old friends, to remember some old times. I don't want to invest too much money in it because we'll probably play it once or twice every now and then and that's it. I saw some cheap gravis gamepad selling for like $1.00, so I could easily buy 4 of those. I can't, or doesn't worth spending $25 for each usb gamepad...

is there any solution?

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
extra gameports MAY work. If you can get a computer to recognize enough of them .... last usb gamepad I bought was $4.00 including shipping but it all depends on what you can find.... by the way I'd be interested in knowing where you can find gravis pads as I really like them and can't find them around here anymore....

mkwan

mkwan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
really? where did you buy usb gamepad for $4.00?? I found the gravis gamepad in www.ncix.com

shard92

shard92

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,129 posts
it was either at computer geeks ( geeks.com I believe ) or txmicro.com they are surplus places that have both new and used stuff so read carefully.... don't know if they have any more or not.... I'm more interested in the gravis pads at the moment... IF I come across some I can post back... gotta get back to work though... :whistling: