Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do I reorganise the toolbars in IE7 Beta 3?

• Please log in to reply

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Hi, in IE6, I actually have 4 toolbars all on one line; the address bar, the Google Toolbar, the menu bar (File, Edit etc.) and the buttons (Home, Refresh, Back etc.). I would like to know how to reorganise the toolbars/buttons in IE7 Beta 3, specifically:

How to resize the address bar. It doesn't need to take up an entire line.
How to remove the small search box to the right of the address bar - I've got the Google Toolbar instead.
How to detach the refresh and stop buttons from the address bar.
How to detach the back/next buttons from the address bar.
How to remove/move the favourites/add to favourites buttons.
How to move the Home, Tools etc. buttons (away from the right hand side of the screen)
Also, where is the History button?

It appears, that even with "Lock the Toolbars" unticked, most of them actually remain "locked".
For the moment, I am sticking with IE6, purely out of contempt for this lack of customise-ability!

Thanks

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
With toolbars unlocked, grab hold of one at the end where you see a dotted vertical line and drag and drop to another location. They can't all be moved though. The Standard Menu Bar is fixed (although you can hide it).

tomdrayson

tomdrayson

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 198 posts
Thanks for your suggestion, but that is just the standard method for moving toolbars, which I have obviously already tried...

For instance, I want to move the Google Toolbar up onto the same line as the address bar, but it doesn't move when I try to drag it.
I also want to move the Home button etc. to the left of the screen but that toolbar doesn't move either. And I want to put the Home, Refresh, Back, Next, and History buttons all together like they used to be, but I can't move those either (and I can't find the History button).

Edited by tomdrayson, 18 July 2006 - 04:33 PM.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you can't move the google toolbar up on the address bar (tried it) and you can't rearrange the actual IE tool bars (like moving the stop and refresh buttons and what not)...tried that too...the best you can get is to get your google tool bar on the same line as "file, edit, etc..."