Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

First Build.. Please Read, I need help ><

• Please log in to reply

soap

soap

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So i just got all my parts from newegg today and set everything up. The only problems were one of the drives was not reading and a single case fan wouldnt start up. I ignored it, installed windows to see if itd work (which it did), and then went back to fix the problem. I tried a new plug for the fan, an switched the jumper on the drive to slave. I went to turn it back on, and its not starting up. I checked all the connections and everything is good. I have a feeling the psu died... but i wanted to see if anyone could give me some expertise. thanks

Advertisements

mreed

mreed

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Disconnect offending parts, if not required for cpu cooling, then check for connection to case speaker or watch for mobo readout codes. Listen for beeps or check led codes displayed and compare to system manuals. Make sure you work with grounding strap and case ground (system plugged in with power supply switch off). Static electricity if not diverted to ground can destroy components. Not an expert, Luck.