Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Download Problems

• Please log in to reply

RoninAfro

RoninAfro

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok, I recently put together a desktop which, for the most part, works just fine. The BIOS is a little screwy (as in it is just bunch of dots on the screen instead of the regular BIOS screen) but after the computer finishes booting, it's just fine as far as I can tell. My primary problem is that 9 times out of 10 when I download something, if I try to open the file I will get a "sudden end of file" error or an error about the file being corrupted. On smaller files it isn't really a problem, but with bigger files I normally get one of those two errors (which is kind of a pain since I haven't been able to update anything that wasn't on a hard disk or cd). My computer is going through a router, but everyone else on the network doesn't have this problem and I've changed routers, cables, and networks and it's always the same thing. The real puzzling thing is that I can take shared files over the network with no problem. I'm pretty sure it's a local problem, but I have no clue where to start looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by RoninAfro, 18 July 2006 - 06:19 PM.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
where are you downloading these files from?

RoninAfro

RoninAfro

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
download.com, fileplanet, windows, big stuff like that.